Friday, February 14, 2014

Jersey Drawn in Illustrator

I chose the file format Png because Png recovers the image the best out of all of them I find. The colours compared to Jpeg aren't very different but if you notice the colours actually are different, but its not very easy to notice, you have to look closely for the difference.

The way I traced this image as well as I did was of course using the pen tool, I would just basically zoom into the point where you would see the pixels, I wouldn't go over the edges where you would see the pixels because it would look to big, instead i overlapped the remaining showing pixels with the other colour. But mainly getting it as accurately as possible i don't look at the fact that I had to use the least points because that would make me hesitant on what i wanted to do, by removing that thought from my head it made I easier for me to draw this out.

1. Open up original file in Illustrator
2. Create a layer for to draw over original image and compare between the 2
3. Use pen tool to trace out out lines
4.Use Eyedropper tool to match colours with the original photo as accurately as possible.
5. When finished the Illustrator file was opened up in photoshop
6. Once it was turned into a photoshop file I exported it into a Png

I honestly never really overcame a challenge, i thought i was confident coming out of this and how my picture looked. I already had enough practice using Illustrator in the past and I think i was good on my own. I actually kind of had trouble just matching the colours between the original photo and i think I could've done a better job on it. But overall i'm happy with the way it came out.

No comments:

Post a Comment